Day to day funny situations really encompass the majority of my daily conversations because each day allows for new scenarios. I constantly call my sisters and friends to say, “The funniest thing happened to me today!” I know they’ll appreciate the story, and I always look forward to sharing a laugh with them. Charlie Chaplin once said, “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” In my opinion, there are no truer words. Whether I’m having the worst day or the best day, I know a good laugh will enhance my mood. I’m a big goofball and, many times, my conversations center on joking around. Without constant laughter, my world would be a boring place.
Another subject I seem to talk a lot about is my campus involvement. I’m very active in the theatre department, and I’m currently playing one of the leading roles in the fall musical, Cabaret. We rehearse 6 days a week, so there’s really no avoiding this topic in daily conversation. Because I’m an RA in the freshmen building on campus, I spend time talking to my residents each day. I also have discussions with my fellow staff members about the job responsibilities. In addition, I work 8 hours a week in the Admissions Office, so I spend a lot of time talking about my tour guide position as well.
I discuss my family and friends quite frequently because I am very proud of them. I talk about their significance in my life and how grateful I am to be blessed with such extraordinary people.
As a college student, school is a very popular topic to discuss because it takes up so much time. This includes class time, homework, papers, projects, presentations, studying, and extracurricular activities. I know that I talk to my friends a lot about these tasks.
Whether single or in a relationship, I’ve found that everyone has some issues with their love life, at least my friends and family. We discuss the good things about our relationships and also give each other advice on the areas that don’t seem to be working too well.
Although I’m a busy bee, I try to find as mush leisure time as possible. I love going to the movies, listening to music, and relaxing in front of the TV. However, none of these things is as fun without the company of a few friends. Of course this leads to many conversations, debates, and laughter.
I included memories on my mind map because it gives me a warm feeling inside to reminisce with old friends and to see how much I’ve grown up since childhood. I consider myself lucky because I have many photo albums and home videos that still make me laugh to this day.
I went to Catholic school from kindergarten to 12th grade, and religion has always been a large part of my life. I don’t agree with every Church doctrine, but I do have a strong faith. It’s very comforting to me to talk about this issue with my family and friends.
Like all other college students, I am constantly reflecting on my future: my career plans, where I want to live, starting a family, etc. It’s a topic that arises frequently amongst my family, my friends, and my peers. This is such a crucial time in our lives because the world is at our fingertips. I believe that the future is an exciting place and talking about it is effective.
Last but not least, I included financial responsibilities because money is always a concern. I count on my parents and older brother for financial advice when necessary. Between school loans, car insurance, cell phone bills, and gas money, I want to use my money in an efficient manner in hopes that I will maintain good credit as I grow up.

Last week, I was very anxious to speak with a professor of mine to tell her that I would be withdrawing from her class. It was nerve-wracking because I have a good relationship with this professor, and didn’t want her to take it personally. I realized that I didn’t need this particular credit to graduate, so the class was an unnecessary stress for me. I walked into her office confidently, even though I was feeling anything but confident on the inside. I was professional in our meeting because “a more formal communication style will demonstrate respect” (Eichhorn 69). She was very understanding and supportive of my decision. I felt like a ton of bricks was lifted from my shoulders, and I knew that I had made done the right thing.

2 comments:
Rose,
To say that I agree with you quote about Charlie Chaplin and laughter would be an understatement. In our busy lives, it's nice to see there's still some out there who have time for a good laugh. I can relate to a variety of things such as being a goofball sometimes and the fact that laughter is an integral part of my daily routine. I also find it worthy to note that you care for memories. A lot of people I know like to pretend a lot of their past didn't happen (for a whole number of reasons, embarrassing and all that good stuff). I, for one, have an extensive collection of old photographs as well and never find it boring to go through them. Lastly, I mentioned in my blog post also how the future is of constant discussion among friends. It's nice to have open dialogue about it. There are some who just don't want to bring it up in conversation because it's so uncertain. It was a pleasure getting to know you...even if it was only through a blog.
Rose,
I've never said "awwww!" more times than I just did, reading your comment on my blog. Thank you for your very sweet and positive feedback.
I love your Charlie Chaplin quote. Also, I love Mary Poppins! That movie meant so much to me and my family when I was younger. It's admirable that you are so conscientious of the benefits of laughter and actually make it a point to be goofy every single day. I bet if more people in this world had a similar mindset, everyone would be a lot happier.
We both do more than anyone should physically be capable of doing in 24 hours, I think. I remember being very impressed with your acting last year, and I can't wait to see you in Cabaret!
I completely agree with what you said about your reasons for discussing your family and friends (pride and affection), relationship issues (we all have them), and your leisure time (isn't it the best feeling in the world, just having a really good talk with friends?).
As for your financial worries, we are in the same boat. I end up talking about my money woes every time I go home to visit my family now. It's just so insanely expensive to be a college student in this country...
I'm glad your professor understood! You seem to have prepared for the discussion and handled it really well. Do you think what we've learned in this class gave you a bit more of an edge as you were approaching that situation?
Thank you for giving us a little insight into the many facets and the happiness in your life. After reading this blog, even if I didn't know you, I would admire you because of how often you express gratitude from the bottom of your heart. It's really inspiring to see someone who appreciates her life and all of the blessings in it.
~Julie
Post a Comment